Kennel Attendant position
We are looking for dependable, upbeat, energetic Kennel attendants with a positive attitude to join our team and care for dogs.
- Assist with the daily care and maintenance of animals in the kennel
- Clean and sanitize kennels, cages, and common areas
- Feed and water animals according to their specific needs
- Provide exercise and playtime to all dogs in care
- Supervise dogs during social interactions
- Administer medications as needed
- Monitor the health and behavior of animals and report any concerns
- Assist with grooming tasks such as bathing, brushing, and nail trimming
- Maintain accurate records of animal care and behavior
- Observing dogs to ensure good health
- Monitoring and communicating abnormalities
- Medicating dogs as required
- Move dogs to different areas
- Ability to handle and restrain animals safely and compassionately
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to perform heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds) for tasks such as moving bags of food or handling larger dogs
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed
- Knowledge of basic animal care practices and understanding of animal behavior
- Ability to work independently effectively
- Time management
- Multi task
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable being active all-day
- Comfortable bending, crouching
- Transportation required, there is no public transportation available at this location.
Nice to have
- Previous experience working with animals
- Previous farm work
- Animal / Dog safety training
ScheduleWe operate on a 4 day on 4 4-day off schedule. Shifts are from 7am to 6 pm. The kennel is open 365 days a year.
DescriptionWe offer a competitive hourly rate based on experience.We are hiring permanent full-time employees.We offer boarding and daycare at two locations near Manotick.Duties are well-defined and include all aspects of caring for dogsStaff work in teams in a friendly, cooperative environment and will be trained to work at both of our locations.If you are passionate about working with animals and providing exceptional care, we would love to hear from you.Please submit your resume detailing your relevant experience.
If you would like to join our team, Send us an email to info@KennelClubBoarding.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
Patrick and Chandra